Thursday, July 25, 2013

Key Holders

Hello, it has been a while and I haven't done any new crafts but I was looking back at some of my projects that I have made and love to share. I have had several family members asking me to make them key holders. I haven't taken pictures of all of them but here are some of my favorites. I'm very sorry but these aren't the best pictures.
 Here is one I made for my sister. Her house colors are red, white, & blue and that is what she got.
 This is the one I made for my house. Our kitchen (which is where this hangs) is red & black. My last name begins with a K so no this "K" doesn't stand for keys. Everyone tends to ask me that.
This one I made for my cousin Ashley. She wanted colors that match her bedroom which were brown & teal. This one is turned out fabulous. 

This is how I made them. 

Materials:
  • Wooden Frame (I use the ones from Michael's that have no finish on them)
  • Push Pin Picutre Hooks (again I got these from Michael's in the framing section)
  • Paint
  • Brush
  • Scrapbook Paper
  • Little Decals for decoration
  • Mod Podge
  • Hot Glue Gun
* Cricut if possible

Instructions:
  1. I tend to start with the painting of the frame. Let dry completely and give another coat or two. 
  2. When paint is completely dry I like to protect it by applying Mod Podge  on top of it.
  3. The pins I had bought were gold & if I wanted them a different color I would paint those as well. 
  4. I would then use my Cricut to cut out initials or shapes. For my sisters I only cut out the top layer. 
  5. Take the back of the picture frame and trace out the back layer of the scrapbook paper. 
  6. Mod Podge it onto the picture frame back. Mod Podge your initial or shape on to the top of the background scrapbook paper. Allow to dry completely. 
  7. Start putting everything together. Place the back, back onto the frame. Flip over and add push pin hooks. Then hot glue decals to add the finishing touch. 
  8. Enjoy!!!
If you have questions please leave a comment & I would get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment